Eyelashes for years and years they have been the sign of feminine beauty. The longer the eyelashes the more feminine the woman, and more beautiful as well, apparently!
For many women though there eyelashes are never as long as they would like them, so they whip out the falsies or get eyelash extensions.
The new trend is also eyelash growth serums. But all of these treatments can often cause allergic reactions, infections or other types of problems.
I’ll be honest with you, eyes weird me out. I don’t like touching my eye, so the thought of losing my eye or getting an infection in it is the last thing I could possibly want. So I take my eyelash care, as well as the area around my eye very seriously. But in saying this I also want amazing, long lashes.
So I got thinking what I could possibly do to still keep my eyes from getting infected but also achieve those long lashes.
I did some research and this is what I have found. An all-natural recipe for an eyelash growth serum (cue the applause).
What often people don’t realize though is that there actually is a genetic aspect to long eyelashes, but that doesn’t mean that those of you without those lucky genes also can’t increase your lash length.
There has been a clear linked connection between nutrition and also hair health, so a person who isn’t getting enough fat soluble vitamins such as b-vitamins, vitamin C and collagen, so your eyelashes and hair can often times suffer.
It’s plain and simple as with everything; overuse of eye products, like long lasting mascaras (waterproof mascara) or even fake lashes can in fact weaken lashes or actually even lead to lash loss.
So below is an all-natural way to make lashes look as long as fake lashes using only natural ingredients.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Castor oil – most of you are probably not aware of the amazing benefits Castor Oil can do. It is a natural source of Omega-6 fats, proteins and vitamins that helps encourage dramatic hair growth. It can be found at your local pharmacy, or if you are an online junkie like me get it from Ebay ;).
- Emu oil – not to be confused with the animal! This oil has high anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, anti-wrinkle, penetrating, a transdermal carrier, promotes skin regeneration, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores), nourishing, anti-aging and bacteriastatic. This again can be found at your local pharmacy.
- Coconut oil – and if you have already read any of my other blogs we all know the amazing things coconut oil can do for your beauty regime.
- Vitamin E oil – is optional but I would advise it. But again completely up to you.
- Sweet almond oil – which is high in monosaturated fats, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, calcium and other nutrients that promote eyelash growth. This again is optional, but it is amazing for strengthening hair, preventing damage and also any type of breakage. It also moisturizes the hair, hence preventing them from falling out. And the good news is, you can even use it to help thicken sparse looking eyebrows! Check, eyebrows on point.
Using simply castor oil by itself would in fact give amazing, noticeable results, and the best bit is not only is it extremely helpful for lashes you can even use it to lengthen and thicken your hair. The addition of the other ingredients are just an added benefit to provide your lashes with a wider range of fatty acids and nutrients to help speed up that eyelash growth. They say patience is a virtue, but not when you’re wanting those lashes quick and fast.
Eyelash Growth Serum recipe
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 teaspoon emu oil (optional, can use sweet almond instead, or even both if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 capsules vitamin E oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (optional)
Eyelash Growth Serum Instructions
- Mix all ingredients and store in a small dropper bottle or in an airtight container.
- To use, squeeze one drop on to your finger or a cotton swab and gently massage into lash line, or if you prefer use a cotton tip to apply to the lash line. I prefer to do this at night to let it work overnight before washing my face in the morning.
- Use daily for best results.
This will last up to a year as long as it is kept in an air tight container and if not contaminated.
If what you are doing works for you, then stick with it. If you’re happy to get your lashes done, or if you feel applying false lashes is what works then that’s fine too.
This recipe is just purely an alternative, or even a good starting point for those who aren’t able to afford these luxuries, whether it be cos of eye sensitivity or because you purely can’t afford it. So start applying this amazing serum, you won’t regret it!